Position Title: Graphics Design Intern
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Position Requisition Number: RQN031
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation:
The Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation (VT-ARC) provides unique access to the broad and rich research enterprise found at Virginia Tech. VT-ARC forms multi-disciplinary teams to apply innovative solutions to the real-world problems that strain our social, political, industrial, and economic foundations. Specializing in the identification and use of fundamental research, VT-ARC performs contract R&D on larger scale problems and at technology readiness levels beyond those generally addressed by academia. VT-ARC combines significant technical expertise with program management skills to deliver robust solutions on schedule and on budget.
The Graphic Design Intern performs a broad range of graphic design support functions to elevate the various print and digital media products provided to VT-ARC clients in basic and applied research communities. Primary responsibilities include graphic design for analytic reports, web and social media content, and proposals. Secondary responsibilities include supporting conference center operations.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Pursuit or recent completion of Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
- Experience in graphic design projects.
- Demonstrable critical and creative thinking abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrable Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Demonstrable MS Office suite skills.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team contributor with a mission focus and emphasis on service, integrity, and excellence.
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Incumbent typically has 1-3 years of experience.
- Experience in light developing and coding.
- Record of innovation and creative problem solving.
- Portfolio of past performance.
The duties of this position shall include, but are not necessarily limited to (and not listed in priority order):
- Assist in graphic design functions to elevate various print and digital media project outcomes to polished, customer-ready products.
- Support the content of the corporate website.
- Support the evening closing responsibilities of the conference center.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Primary Work Location: Arlington, Virginia – this position does not qualify for long-term mobile/remote work or telework.
Special Work Conditions: Assigned to BRICC.
Security: US Citizenship required.
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, military status, gender, religion, age, or disability.
Apply for this Position
To be considered for this position, applicants are required to upload a resume and cover letter (a single document is preferred) by selecting the [APPLY NOW] button below and completing the upload instruction that follow.
Your cover letter must include, but is not limited to, the following information:
- Title of position sought and the Position Requisition Number listed in the announcement above
- Contact information: Full name, address, phone number and email address
- Availability date
- Whether or not you are a citizen of the United States (optional for positions that do not require a security clearance – see Security Requirements above)
- Whether or not you hold a security clearance (and if so, what level/access and date of last investigation)
- Current or last salary and desired salary
- Education: College(s) attended / degrees earned (and overall GPA if less than three years since last graduation)
- Please describe where/how you first heard of this position, e.g., Google search to our website, a friend, LinkedIn, professor’s referral, trade association ad, etc.
- Why you feel you would be a good fit for VT-ARC as well as this specific position
- Any additional comments you deem appropriate (optional)
- Your signature
Please note: We accept .doc, .docx, & .pdf file formats.
Please do not submit password-protected/encrypted documents.
You may contact us at HR@vt-arc.org if you experience technical difficulties or have questions. Processing time varies but you will be notified regarding the status of your application.