Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation Job Announcement
Position Title: ISR SME
Location: Arlington, VA
Position Requisition Number: RQN037
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation:
The Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation (VT-ARC) provides unique access to the broad and rich research enterprise found at Virginia Tech. VT-ARC forms multi-disciplinary teams to apply innovative solutions to the real-world problems that strain our social, political, industrial, and economic foundations. Specializing in the identification and use of fundamental research, VT-ARC performs contract R&D on larger scale problems and at technology readiness levels beyond those generally addressed by academia. VT-ARC combines significant technical expertise with program management skills to deliver robust solutions on schedule and on budget.
Provides Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance subject matter expertise and operational insights to support the program office in gap analyses, systems architecture analyses, design and development of capabilities relating to platforms and payloads. Serves as a senior action officer on a high performing, fast-paced team directly supporting senior decision makers, performing essential tasks and delivering key guidance and recommendations. Participates in campaign management processes for engineering, testing, and demonstration of ISR platform/payload technologies.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- 10 or more years’ experience with intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance programs and intelligence collection management.
- Demonstrable understanding of ISR platforms in multiple domains.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proven ability to establish objectives, formulate plans and processes, and implement solutions.
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- 5 or more years’ experience with wireless voice and data communications technologies.
- Master of Science in Electrical, Systems, or related engineering discipline.
- Expert knowledge in communications systems including VHF, wireless networking, LTE and similar IP technologies.
- Knowledge of various sensor modalities (SAR, LIDAR, etc.)
- Record of innovation and creative problem solving.
The duties of this position shall include, but are not necessarily limited to (and not listed in priority order):
- Serve as a senior ISR SME informing campaign test and evaluation of capabilities.
- Serve as lead action officer directly supporting senior government officials in program office, responding to day-to-day tasking as required
- Provide gap analysis, systems architecture analysis and review of technical ISR plans, concepts, and capabilities.
- Prepare periodic technical reports, documents, plans, and briefings
- Participate in campaign management processes for engineering, testing, and demonstration of communications technology.
Primary Work Location: Northern Virginia, VA
Special Work Conditions: Periodic travel CONUS and OCONUS locations
Security: Top Secret SCI required.
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, military status, gender, religion, age, or disability.
Apply for this Position
To be considered for this position, applicants are required to upload a resume and cover letter (a single document is preferred). Please complete the application process by completing the web form below and follow the upload instructions that follow.
Your cover letter must include, but is not limited to, the following information:
- Title of position sought and the Position Requisition Number listed in the announcement above
- Contact information: Full name, address, phone number and email address
- Availability date
- Whether or not you are a citizen of the United States (optional for positions that do not require a security clearance – see Security Requirements above)
- Whether or not you hold a security clearance (and if so, what level/access and date of last investigation)
- Current or last salary and desired salary
- Education: College(s) attended / degrees earned (and overall GPA if less than three years since last graduation)
- Please describe where/how you first heard of this position, e.g., Google search to our website, a friend, LinkedIn, professor’s referral, trade association ad, etc.
- Why you feel you would be a good fit for VT-ARC as well as this specific position
- Any additional comments you deem appropriate (optional)
- Your signature
Please note: We accept .doc, .docx, & .pdf file formats.
Please do not submit password-protected/encrypted documents.
You may contact us at HR@vt-arc.org if you experience technical difficulties or have any questions. Processing time varies but you will be notified regarding the status of your application.