Position Summary: The Technical Project Manager serves as VT-ARC’s primary on-site point of contact for support to a major science and technology (S&T) focused organization. Core responsibilities will include: customer coordination; production/writing of analytic reports; technical project management; and oversight and task management to S&T projects.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline, such as materials science, chemistry, physics or math.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively to both internal and external stakeholders via emails, technical reports and presentations.
- Strong customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to engage with customer, solicit requirements, provide interim feedback, and solicit follow-on work.
- Dependability, flexibility, and the ability to rapidly and effectively respond to unanticipated changes and needs.
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Strong analytic skills.
- Ability to routinely prioritize tasks to meet both internal and external customer needs.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team contributor with a mission focus and emphasis on service, integrity, and excellence.
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Ph.D. preferred, will consider Master’s Degree.
- Experience publishing scientific articles.
- 5 years of experience in writing technical reports.
- Working experience programming in or leading projects involving R or Python.
- Proven/referenceable history of demonstrating a high level of professionalism.
- Team management experience.
- Air Force or other DoD relevant experience.
The duties of this position shall include, but are not necessarily limited to (and not listed in priority order):
- Report to the Information Sciences and Analytics Division Lead.
- Engage customer and be the key point of contact for various technical projects.
- Research technical topic areas of interest to customer and research/justify technical approaches to solution.
- Design project solution and lead small technical teams to produce analyses.
- Lead production of technical reports and analyses.
- Oversight and task management to S&T projects.
- Offer customer support at collaboration center.
- Documentation and reporting.
Primary Work Location: Arlington, Virginia – this position does not qualify for long-term mobile/remote work or telework.
Special Work Conditions: Possible travel to other CONUS locations.
Security: U.S. citizenship required.