The Hourly Technical Editor serves as VT-ARC’s technical editing resource for support to a major science and technology (S&T) focused organization. Core responsibilities will include: hourly support to our team on an as-needed basis editing and writing technical documents.
The duties of this position shall include, but are not necessarily limited to (and not listed in priority order):
• Edit and write complex content for reports.
• Review material for structure, accuracy, consistency, and appropriateness of content.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in technical field or in English/Journalism with the ability to efficiently proof, edit, and write technical documents.
• At least two years of experience as a technical writer and/or editor.
• Must be a U.S. citizen.
• Expert knowledge of MS Word. Demonstrable MS Office suite skills.
• Dependability, flexibility, and the ability to rapidly and effectively respond to unanticipated changes and needs, as well as quick turnaround work requests.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to routinely prioritize tasks to meet both internal and external customer needs.
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team contributor with a mission focus and emphasis on service, integrity, and excellence.
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
• Proven/referenceable history of demonstrating a high level of professionalism.
Primary Work Location: Arlington, Virginia – this position does qualify for long-term mobile/remote work or telework.
Recommended Desk/Zone Location: BRICC, Arlington, VA.
Special Work Conditions:
Security: U.S. citizenship required.
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, military status, gender, religion, age, or disability.
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation:
The Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation (VT-ARC) complements the broad and rich research enterprise found at Virginia Tech. VT-ARC forms multi-disciplinary teams to apply innovative solutions to the real-world problems that strain our social, political, industrial, and economic foundations. Specializing in the identification and use of fundamental research, VT-ARC performs contract R&D on larger scale problems and at technology readiness levels beyond those generally addressed by academia. VT-ARC combines significant technical expertise with program management skills to deliver robust solutions on schedule and on budget.
Apply for this Position
To be considered for this position, applicants are required to upload a resume and cover letter (a single document is preferred). Please complete the application process by completing the web form below and follow the upload instructions that follow.
Please note: We accept .doc, .docx, & .pdf file formats.
Please do not submit password-protected/encrypted documents.
You may contact us at HR@vt-arc.org if you experience technical difficulties or do not receive a receipt notification. Processing time varies but you will be notified regarding the status of your application.