Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation:
The Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation (VT-ARC) complements the broad and rich research enterprise found at Virginia Tech. VT-ARC forms multi-disciplinary teams to apply innovative solutions to the real-world problems that strain our social, political, industrial, and economic foundations. Specializing in the identification and use of fundamental research, VT-ARC performs contract R&D on larger scale problems and at technology readiness levels beyond those generally addressed by academia. VT-ARC combines significant technical expertise with program management skills to deliver robust solutions on schedule and on budget.
The Software Developer supports a range of development tasks across VT-ARC’s portfolio of programs to include mobile application development, tool development, and web application development.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science.
- Java EE web application development experience
- Experience developing mobile applications (PhoneGap, Android, Objective C)
- Experienced with Application Life-cycle Management Tools/Paradigms (Git, SVN, Mediawiki, Jenkins, Gitflow, SCRUM, etc)
- Excels at detail-oriented tasks