Under the supervision of the division manager, the Project Manager (PM) will ensure project performance goals are met within the contract scope and schedule. Primary responsibilities include: acquiring detailed project requirements from the customer, developing comprehensive project plans, leading a team of 3-7 staff in the execution of the project plan, coordinating across corporate divisions to ensure project resourcing is compatible, and tracking project performance to achieve short- and long-term goals.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical or related discipline though any individual with the necessary skills and a passion for technology development and management is strongly encouraged to apply.
- Experience working in or with the U.S. Department of Defense or other agency responsible for national security.
- Minimum of 6 years of project management experience including building strong relationships with U.S. Government customers and stakeholders.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience utilizing a project management application to monitor project progression and resources and coordinate tasking across staff.
- Experience designing studies, products, or other deliverables as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience building and managing teams composed of diverse skillsets.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and teambuilding skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a corporate team contributor with a mission focus and emphasis on service, integrity, and excellence.
- Active Top Secret clearance required.
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- 6-10 years of post-education experience.
- Experience organizing or leading workshops and seminars, or facilitating discussions amongst diverse stakeholders.
- PMP certification.
The duties of this position shall include, but are not necessarily limited to (and not listed in priority order):
- Provide technical and administrative management of assigned projects.
- Lead project team by developing executable task plans, delegating task responsibilities, and maintaining accountability for task deliverables.
- Routinely engage customers and stakeholders to identify changes in requirements, project scope, or project status.
- Develop metrics and track performance pertaining to the success of the project.
- Coordinate development of deliverables and products.
- Ensure quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Communicate project status to supervisor on a regular basis.
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation:
The Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation (VT-ARC) provides unique access to the broad and rich research enterprise found at Virginia Tech. VT-ARC forms multi-disciplinary teams to apply innovative solutions to the real-world problems that strain our social, political, industrial, and economic foundations. Specializing in the identification and use of fundamental research, VT-ARC performs contract R&D on larger scale problems and at technology readiness levels beyond those generally addressed by academia. VT-ARC combines significant technical expertise with program management skills to deliver robust solutions on schedule and on budget.
Position Title: Project Manager
Position Requisition Number: RQN057
Primary Work Location: Arlington, Virginia – this position does not qualify for long-term mobile/remote work or telework.
Special Work Conditions: Occasional work outside of corporate core business hours.
Security: Minimum of TOP SECRET clearance required for this position. Top Secret SCI strongly preferred.
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, military status, gender, religion, age, or disability.
Apply for this Position
To be considered for this position, applicants are required to upload a resume and cover letter (a single document is preferred) by selecting the [APPLY NOW] button below and completing the upload instruction that follow.
Please note: We accept .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf and .txt file formats.
Please do not submit password-protected/encrypted documents.
The maximum allowed file size is 5MB.
You may contact us at HR@vt-arc.org if you have any questions or concerns regarding the submission or status of your application.