The Assistant Event Coordinator will assist as VT-ARC’s on-site point of contact for meetings and collaboration support to a major S&T-focused organization. Core responsibilities will include: assisting with day-to-day execution of events; customer relationship management; facility management; meeting room set-up; basic A/V and technical assistance needs; inventory management; and calendar management.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
• Strong background in customer service.
• Dependability, flexibility, and the ability to rapidly and effectively respond in a fast-paced environment
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills. Ability to interact and effectively communicate with customer.
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team contributor with a mission focus and emphasis on service, integrity, and excellence.
• Ability to lift and move items up to 50 pounds.
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
• Recent graduate with degree in Hospitality, Marketing, or Communication
• Previous experience working in a conference center and/or other hospitality industry service.
• Some experience with audio/visual equipment.
• Proven history of demonstrating a high level of professionalism.
The duties of this position shall include, but are not necessarily limited to (and not listed in priority order):
• Respond to customer needs in event scheduling and coordination as well as internal scheduling and coordination needs.
• Positively represent the company to clients by providing empathetic and friendly customer service at all times.
• Staff the front welcome desk for unclassified meetings and assist in managing day to day operations for two facilities – corporate headquarters and a collaborative environment.
• Manage available collaborative environment resources, guest food and beverage inventory, and internal office inventory needs.
• Assist with creating and coordinating meeting materials.
• Provide basic technical assistance with A/V equipment.
• Assist in planning company-wide and team engagement activities.
• Assist with outreach activities, to include online and e-mail communications.
• Track basic statistics of meeting space and customer service surveys.
• Opportunity to explore Marketing, Human Resources, IT, and Contract Management functions upon interest.
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, military status, gender, religion, age, or disability.
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation:
The Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation (VT-ARC) complements the broad and rich research enterprise found at Virginia Tech. VT-ARC forms multi-disciplinary teams to apply innovative solutions to the real-world problems that strain our social, political, industrial, and economic foundations. Specializing in the identification and use of fundamental research, VT-ARC performs contract R&D on larger scale problems and at technology readiness levels beyond those generally addressed by academia. VT-ARC combines significant technical expertise with program management skills to deliver robust solutions on schedule and on budget.
Apply for this Position
To be considered for this position, applicants are required to upload a resume and cover letter (a single document is preferred). Please complete the application process by completing the web form below and follow the upload instructions that follow.
Please note: We accept .doc, .docx, & .pdf file formats.
Please do not submit password-protected/encrypted documents.
You may contact us at HR@vt-arc.org if you experience technical difficulties or do not receive a receipt notification. Processing time varies but you will be notified regarding the status of your application.